Monday, January 7, 2008

Office Politics

Office politics are most of the time unnecessary, especially when you have a co-worker who is not your boss but is on her high horse. I don't mean to discriminate but why are most women on high horses? Anyways this girl at my office, when she wears a blazer she automatically turns into a corporate bitch...After a couple hours of photocopying clippings and adding them to the media database so we can remember which author had what coverage, blazer came up to me and said "Are we making sure that these clippings are readable once scanned?" no I just add them to the database unclear!!

Moving on, I had a nice day with another co-worker who sits near me (cubicles) she's really sweet and we always have so much to talk about and learn from each other. She's so young, but so knowledgeable, it's wonderful to find such a strong trait in such a young woman : ) I find that most people who work in publishing are smart...maybe a little too smart--it can be intimidating, particularly for me because I am extremely shy and slightly self-conscious. If anyone has any advice for me bring it on.

Till then,

Ambition is my Perogative,

BookGirl

No comments: